Miso is a super-healthy fermented soy product. Miso has many benefits and it’s great for the skin too. The vitamin E found in miso and soybean, is known as the “rejuvination vitamin,” because it prevents cell aging and helps improve blotchy skin. This makes for a delicious side dish.
Makes 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons dark miso
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted white or black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup rice or soy milk
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut from about 2 pounds of whole broccoli heads
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
In a small bowl, mix miso, sesame seeds, lemon juice, and oil. Slowly add the milk, stirring well. For a thinner sauce, add more liquid.
Arrange broccoli florets in a steamer basket over a small amount of water. Steam florets until bright green and just tender, about 5 minutes.
Transfer to serving dish; drizzle with sauce and garnish with red pepper.